AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Scripts - MCC Account Anomaly Detector Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am attempting to set up an AdWords script for the first time. The one on this page, specifically - https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/mccapp-account-anomaly-detector

However, I can not get it to function properly - or at all for that matter. I set it up under the scripts section of my MCC account, replaced the first "SPREADSHEET_URL" section with the shareable link of the Google Sheet I set up (just a copy and paste version of Google's template), and tried sharing the doc with the Gmail account that the AdWords account is under, but to no avail.

Although it says the script is running, the logs section keeps throwing up an error - TypeError: Cannot call method "getValue" of null. (line 510).

Note that I am not a developer in any way, shape, or form so I have no clue how to fix this. It seems as if for each error I fix, another one pops up. Any insight and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Nick
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Scripts - MCC Account Anomaly Detector Issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Nick,

Unless you've modified the code block from your link it appears that the issue is related to this line of code:  

var email = spreadsheet.getRangeByName('email').getValue();

This likely means that there isn't a email value in cell D8 of your spreadsheet OR that it was left as "foo@example.com". Update this and try again.

Other Ideas:

• Ensure that you are using a copy of the provided spreadsheet template. Do this by selecting "File -> Make a copy" in the spreadsheet menu.
  • If you are using this script for a single account and not a manager account (MCC) then you need to use this script instead of the one that you linked to
  • Ensure the syntax of the reference to your spreadsheet is as follows and does not include brackets:
    var SPREADSHEET_URL = "https://docs.google.com/...";

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.