AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Remarketing Tag - Not Active in Adwords, but Tag Manager says it's Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have set up a remarketing tag on my website, in the footer on every page. However, when I look in AdWords I see the error message "Remarketing Tag: We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website or in your app". I then used the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension to test the re marketing tag, and it shows that all my tags are working perfectly on each page. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Remarketing Tag - Not Active in Adwords, but Tag Manager says it's Working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you sure that the tag assists  and the error message refer to the same tag? 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Turns out it takes a couple of hours for adwords to detect it - would be nice if it said that somewhere, but it is in fact working now.