AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Keyword Planner doesn't work properly. Is this temporary?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords Keyword planner only shows the search volume of one keyword at a time, sometimes not even that. Is this another drawback to make people pay for this service or is this a temporary issue?

I always get the following message:

"There was a problem retrieving ideas. Please try again."

Only, I've been trying again for a long time...

Any people with the same experience or any ideas? I'm guessing there are no free alternatives for this tool?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eline H
September 2015

Re: AdWords Keyword Planner doesn't work properly. Is this temporary?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

A couple of thoughts:

1) No one has asked anyone to "pay" for using the Keyword Tool. 

(I realize there are a lot of conspiracy theorists out there saying that Google is going to start charging money to use the Tool but Google is not responsible for gossip and rumor.)

2) Actually, the internet is loaded with keyword tool sites. Some of them are paid, and some are free. Different sites offer different levels of information about the keywords and, of course, you'd need to do your research to determine how accurate their data is. Still, I would encourage you to do a search and take a look at a dozen or two of them if you think you might find something you like better than the AdWords Keyword Tool.

3) As vkore91 said, one of the best ways to clean up lingering access problems can be to clear your own browser's cache and reboot your computer. Aside from that, many things affect any website's ability to deliver dynamic content--things from traffic load to the stability of your own internet connection at that moment. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having issues with the Keyword Planner today as well. Changing the targeted locations does not change any of the estimates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't know what happened with keyword service since they change to keyword planner, alwayes unstable response from the tool, and lately a lot of "there was a problem retrieving ideas" error message.

Hope they fix it soon.

Regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eline,
Try clearing your cookies and cache and trying again - sometimes this helps resolve technical issues.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got the same error too.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eline H
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

A couple of thoughts:

1) No one has asked anyone to "pay" for using the Keyword Tool. 

(I realize there are a lot of conspiracy theorists out there saying that Google is going to start charging money to use the Tool but Google is not responsible for gossip and rumor.)

2) Actually, the internet is loaded with keyword tool sites. Some of them are paid, and some are free. Different sites offer different levels of information about the keywords and, of course, you'd need to do your research to determine how accurate their data is. Still, I would encourage you to do a search and take a look at a dozen or two of them if you think you might find something you like better than the AdWords Keyword Tool.

3) As vkore91 said, one of the best ways to clean up lingering access problems can be to clear your own browser's cache and reboot your computer. Aside from that, many things affect any website's ability to deliver dynamic content--things from traffic load to the stability of your own internet connection at that moment. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have the same problem here too ! if there is any solution please email me !! Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In fact, I was specifically referring to the Google Analytics issue that came up when Google chose to use https, making it very hard to track keywords.

But I wanted to add that it seems like the problem fixed itself. I did absolutely nothing. The problem lasted 3 days and it seems te be resolved now.