AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Interface - Mobile Bid Adjustment - Usability Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Writing this to express a usability issue that I have been facing while optimizing bid multipliers for mobile devices. As traffic from mobile is becoming important and the % contribution has kept on increasing looking at these numbers and optimizing them is becoming important and critical for account performance.

Currently, if one needs to optimize mobile bid multiplies at campaign/ ad-group level one needs to go to the settings tab of the campaign every time and do it manually over and over again. As a user I am required to open multiple pages to check relevant data and make the desired changes. This is extremely very troublesome when one is doing this from the interface, making the changes using the editor is comparatively easier. But at the same time you loose the interface advantage. 

Strongly recommend the AdWords development team to consider adding a Mobile Bid Multiplier Columns like/ similar to the Max CPC column at both Campaign and Adgroup Level this will allow us monitor performance and manage bids better. 

If currently there is an easier way of optimizing the bids easily via the interface then please do share points/ tips on the same.

Best Regards,

Mohit Khemlani

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Interface - Mobile Bid Adjustment - Usability Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mohit,

There's already one way out in the browser interface, which I use very often. 

From Campaigns at the top navigation, Go to 'All Online Campaigns', click Settings Tab, and then Devices. You will now see a column for 'Bid Adjustments'. Here you can very easily adjust device modifiers for all campaigns in one single view. 

For ad group level adjustments, simply expand the campaign in the left panel and click the individual ad groups. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: AdWords Interface - Mobile Bid Adjustment - Usability Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for the tip. The recommendation works well w.r.t campaign level adjustment as relevant stats are in front of you. Making changes at adgroup level still seems difficult.

Thanks, Regards,
Mohit Khemlani