AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

AdWords Interface Issues, recently - and new today (Display network)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First: Over the past two weeks, I've experienced repeated problems with the AdWords interface slowing down and eventually just generating lots of error messages.  The solution, according to AdWords support, is to clear the browser history and cookies and restart the browser, and this generally does seem to work for a while.  But this week, I've had to clear history and restart the browser several times per day, sometimes multiple times in an hour.  When using the "Edit" button to edit multiple keywords or placements at once, I find that it's pretty rare now to actually be able to edit 100 items at once, and many times I get errors when trying to edit as few as 6 items at once. 

 

All these issues seem to involve the Display Network -- indeed, it feels as if just clicking the "Display Network" tab immediately slows down everything by 50% or more.

 

Second: Today I see a number of posts from other folks who are having issues with the AdWords interface today. I'm here looking at the AdWords forum because I'm seeing something I've never, ever seen before: it appears that a huge chunk of data has vanished from our AdWords account. When I view Change History, no events after about noon on Friday are shown, even though I made many edits on Friday afternoon and this morning. When I view statistics, the AdWords interface tells me that sometime around 1pm yesterday, traffic to these two campaigns stopped, and stats for today are all zeroes. Yet earlier this morning, I saw data for both campaigns that reflected activity yesterday evening and this morning.

 

One fascinating artifact in this data -- confirming for me that I'm really not just losing my mind when I recall seeing more data 6-7 hours ago than is visible now -- is that when I view the Change History, it shows that I deleted a Gender from one campaign at about 11am yesterday, with no changes to gender targeting since then. Yet the campaign shows that there are no gender exclusions active (which makes sense, since I had removed the exclusion shortly after defining it).

 

 

Re: AdWords Interface Issues, recently - and new today (Display networ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is problem with some specific Google Servers, As a workaround you simply need to log in through a remote computer in US locaion, I was able to manage ads from my server hosted in US.

 

Best of Luck Smiley Happy

 

Jassi 

Re: AdWords Interface Issues, recently - and new today (Display networ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jassi, thanks for your reply, but I am already accessing AdWords from the US.

Re: AdWords Interface Issues, recently - and new today (Display networ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FYI, within one of the two campaigns that seem to be frozen now, I was able to "enable" an ad group which was paused, and it is now accruing adviews and clicks, while the other ad groups remain frozen at zero; pausing and re-enabling them has no effect.  I also enabled a test campaign which I'd paused, in order to try to restore some activity on a subset of the target display-network sites which should be drawing traffic from the other two campaigns.

 

When I view Friday's traffic using Segment [hour of day], I see that for one campaign, traffic plunged at noon and ended completely before 2pm (Pacific time).  For the other campaign, traffic plunged at 9:30am and also zero'ed out before 2pm. 

 

I was editing these campaigns on Friday (display network placements & exclusion).  I've just checked and confirmed that no activity is shown in Change History on Friday for campaigns which are not affected, so it seems quite likely that the issue is a glitch introduced during the edits done on Friday.  It seems odd that the timing of the campaign activity-decline and freeze don't synchronize with the visible Change events, but I strongly suspect that there are events that aren't included in the Change History data, but should be (in addition to a variety of Change events which aren't ever logged in the Change History).