AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor not showing expanded text ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I just wanted to start using the AdWords editor for the first time. Shame on me that I never heared of it before.

So far, it looked really promising. 

But I an issue regarding the "new" expanded text ads which we use a lot. The editor does not download these ads at all.

We only can edit ads, which do not have any text in the "additional description" field...

Is there a solution for this issue?

I tried reinstalling and downgrading the editor. I'm using it on Mac in Version 12.0.4

Thank you and best regards,

Robin

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Editor not showing expanded text ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Robin,

There should be one tab for Text ads (the old ads), and one for Expanded text ads. Here's a screenshot. Do you see this in your version of AdWords Editor?

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 8.06.59 AM.png

Best,

John

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply!

It shows "0" here, although I have 6 Ads in my Ad Group.

In another Ad Group it shows "1" and the one it shows does not have any text in the "additional description" field..

Thank you again for your answer, the issue is still there :/

Robin

Edit:

There is no "additional description" field in the editor at all:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-12 um 15.17.04.png

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Robin,

What "additional description" field are you looking for? Expanded Text Ads have 2 headline fields, 1 description field, 2 path fields, 1 Final URL field, and 1 Final mobile URL field, so the screenshot you included of the options you see seems to be correct.

Best,

John

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BioKinder
July

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

The ads missing in Editor are some kind of experimental creative type; and yes, they do have an extra description line, beyond those that a "normal" expanded text ad would have.

Editor doesn't support such ads at this time. In fact, I have only just now learned of their existence, while investigating your issue. Your account must be enrolled in some kind of a trial, I imagine.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, this it what we have in our account.. 

Well, then we have to wait for it to become public and implemented into the editor... 

Thank you all!