AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor and draft campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Is it possible to edit draft campaigns in AdWords Editor? I can see experiments in Editor but not drafts.

If this is not possible, can I add ads to draft campaign using Bulk Download? I tried to test this but it didn't work even the campaign name was draft campaigns name.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Yes, you should be able to work on draft campaigns in your AdWords Editor account. You can see whether a campaign is active, paused, or a draft under Campaign Status. There's more info on this here on the AdWords Editor Help Center. You can also view all your drafts from the menu on the left side of Editor.

Let me know if you've tried looking for this, or if this solves your problem,

Cassie

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Paul S (Google Employee)
May

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

The notion of a draft campaign in Editor is completely unrelated to that in AdWords (the former predates the latter by about a decade).

Draft status in Editor is simply a way to flag a new, not-yet-posted campaign so that Post operation doesn't attempt to upload it. It's a safety mechanism for when you are building out a new campaign, and don't want it to get uploaded accidentally together with other changes before it's ready.

Drafts in the AdWords web interface are something else entirely. No, you cannot see or edit draft (in AdWords sense) campaigns in Editor (you can, however, edit trial campaigns, once you create a trial based on your draft).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, if you want to run an experiment for а campaign adding/changing 1500 ad copies, you should do this via the web interface, right ?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Well, via the web interface, or using AdWords API [1]. Won't be able to do that in Editor.

[1] https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/campaign-drafts-experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, as a conclusion: The new (and 'improved') Experiments (via 'Drafts') are:

- very clever solution

- very useful solution

- 'working as intended'

for people who want to create experiments at scale and don't have API access ... 

I hope that my post will be marked as 'Best Answer' or 'Banned Answer' Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, if you want to run an experiment for а campaign adding/changing 1500 ad copies, you should do this via the web interface, right ?

Thanks for posting to the Community! Yes, you should be able to work on draft campaigns in your AdWords Editor account. You can see whether a campaign is active, paused, or a draft under Campaign Status. There's more info on this here on the AdWords Editor Help Center. You can also view all your drafts from the menu on the left side of Editor.