AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor Upload Discrepancy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Guys.

I'm experiencing a strange issue with the adwords editor, basically I was trying to upload a CSV with 3,500+ keywords but once you click import the status bar (popup) shows only "2,400 keywords were uploaded" ( however there were no keywords with any other errors or duplicates) 

Anyone experienced similar issue or have an idea on this?

Regards.

Infas

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Editor Upload Discrepancy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Infas,

I've not seen this myself - or rather I've seen a reduced number in the upload but there have always been reported reasons for the omissions.

Have you looked through the Keywords that were excluded to see if there is any common factor?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Most likely, the other 1,100 keywords in the CSV exactly match those already present in the account.

It is common to export, say, a campaign with all its contents, make a few changes, and import the whole file back. When Editor discovers a row in the CSV that exactly matches an item already present in the account, with no changes made to it, Editor just skips such a row. It doesn't issue a warning for it (or else there would be a flood of "found a row with no changes" warnings), and doesn't count it in the totals of changes made.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon, exactly usually I get warning reasons if any keywords were not getting uploaded, but this time it was different.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, No those keywords were not in the account already these are new set of keywords that I wanted to add.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Could you upload the file somewhere and post a link to it here? Perhaps not the whole file, but just a few lines that fail to import?