AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor Upgrade 10.0

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Today Google made an announcement abou the new AdWords Editor upgrade. You can now use AdWords Editor to upgrade and manage enhanced campaigns. Once you install AdWords Editor 10.0, you'll be able to:

• Upgrade campaigns to enhanced, either individually or in bulk.
  • Set campaign level bid adjustments for mobile devices. 
  • Set bid adjustments for targeted locations.
  • Specify device preferences for individual ads (Mobile or All). 
For more details about these changes, see our AdWords Editor 10.0 release notes

The next time you launch AdWords Editor, you'll see a prompt to upgrade to version 10.0. To learn more about upgrading, including how to keep unposted changes and comments when you upgrade, please review these instructions. You can also download version 10.0 from the AdWords Editor website

To ensure uninterrupted use of AdWords Editor, you will need to upgrade by June 28, 2013.

Thank you,
Zee
G+
3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor New Upgrade 10.0

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas and Birger,

Thank you for posting here. I've checked with our egineers and it was confirmed to me that the latest AdWords Editor release does not support the ad group level sitelinks. It only supports sitelinks, the same as in prior versions.

Hope this helps.

Zee
G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zee
September 2015

Google Employee
# 26
Google Employee

@all re OS X 10.5.8

You can download the latest version of AdWords Editor for OS X 10.5.8 from http://dl.google.com/adwords_editor/10.0.1/mac/en-US/AdWords-Editor-10.0.1-en-US-OS-X-10.5.dmg

The default language is English-US, which you can change from the General tab of the Settings dialog.

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Please, if you have any feedback, feel free to share it on this thread.

Thanks,
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

I have downloaded the new Editor.

One important function I am missing is the abilitiy to handle ad group level sitelinks.

If you have a client like a real estate website there is a good chance that you will have 1 ad group / city. Or for an e-commerce website 1 ad group / product. I was realy excited about ad group level sitelinks however I was waiting for the new Editor to be able to update sitelinks much easier using some programming and CSV import.

Do you think I should wait for some other days/weeks or I have to start modifying ad group sitelinks one by one on the web UI?

Many thanks,

Thomas Geiger

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thomas,

I strongly assume we have to wait. The AdWords Editor and API team isn't as fast as the UI team and features will mostly added (sometimes months) later.

There is a similar request in the AdWords API forum:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!searchin/adwords-api/Sitelinks/adwords-api/I6K_bWM2vp...

Cheers
Birger
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas and Birger,

Thank you for posting here. I've checked with our egineers and it was confirmed to me that the latest AdWords Editor release does not support the ad group level sitelinks. It only supports sitelinks, the same as in prior versions.

Hope this helps.

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Install error in OSX 10.5.8:

"The application AdWords Editor quit unexpectedly.
"Install Failed"

"The following step failed: run postupgrade script for packagestage. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I saw another post with the same error.

Thanks,

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm getting the following error: "The following install step failed: run postupgrade script for packagestage. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." I notice that this hasn't been resolved for anyone else in this thread. Google, if you're going to request us to "contact the software manufacturer" than please be responsive to the needs of your users.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah... not working on Mac OS X 10.5.8... Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Picture 2.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue, not being able to install.

The following install step failed: run postupgrade script for packagestage. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I've been corresponding with Google support but without a resolution. I'll post, should one come.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll be waiting Smiley Happy. I hope the answer comes soon!