AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor Suggestion - Set Geo-Target Location based on Billing Address in the Account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In the AdWords editor, when we create a new campaign, the geo-targeting defaults to the United States.I think it will be useful and will also avoid errors to have this default to the billing address (country) in the account. This will avoid cases of accidental incorrect targeting.

For example, if I have an NZ billing address, the target country should default to NZ in the AdWords editor and not the United states.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

AdWords Editor Suggestion - Set Geo-Target Location based on Billing Address in the Account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

The default country is configurable: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/79784

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@AdWordsEng-Igor thanks for the help. I work across multiple geographies that have different locations and currencies. So I guess, I'll have to select a default location in the settings and keep updating the location manually across the campaigns when the account is a non-default currency and location one.