AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor Search By Percent & By Rank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, sorry if this has been asked/answered before. I did multiple searches and couldn't find anything.

I also asked the Google Support Chat this and got no good response.

I'm currently using Google AdWords Editor Version 11.1.2

I'm trying to put together a more streamlined workflow and one feature I would like to use is the advanced search/filter "by percent" and "by rank".

For instance. If I am looking at all my keywords, I would like to look at the keywords that are in the top 5% of CTR.

So, when all's said and done, the search bar looks like this "ctr ^% 5". However this doesn't seem to change my results at all.

I have downloaded the statistics for the last 3 months, and I can filter by < > or = a CTR successfully.

I am simply having issues with the "By %" and "By Rank" searches.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Or am I doing something wrong? Or am I simply misunderstanding the fundamental use of these searches?

Thank you in advance for any help, I think this could be a very useful feature, I'm just having trouble using it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John H
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor Search By Percent & By Rank

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
It's a bug - thank you for reporting. "CTR is in the top (by percent)" is supposed to do precisely what you expect it to do, but sadly it doesn't work. We are looking into it.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI John,

If you want to sort keywords with CTR above/equal to 5% then do the below:

Download Statistics for the time range you want in Editor>Go to Keywords tab>In the search bar type "ctr >= 5"

For Avg Position:

Download Statistics>In the Search bar type "avgposition >= 1.5"

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rohit, maybe I didn't explain this correctly.

I'm not trying to get the keywords with a CTR > 5%. I'm trying to get the keywords in the top 5% of CTRs. So, 95% of keywords have a lower CTR then these. So the top performing keywords based on CTR.

This is what I was assuming the purpose of the "CTR is in the top (by percent)" search in AdWords Editor. However it is not giving me any results.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,

Got it. Even i am experiencing the same issue in editor 11.1.2. However i am able to do this sorting in editor version 10.6

Regards
Rohit
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John H
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
It's a bug - thank you for reporting. "CTR is in the top (by percent)" is supposed to do precisely what you expect it to do, but sadly it doesn't work. We are looking into it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alright great, thank you.