AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor - Radius Targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up campaigns that target 90 miles around a particular city. I don't find any option in the AdWords Editor to quickly set this geo target. I need to go to the online interface to make this change.

Is this option to target by radius missing in Editor? If yes, I think it's a much needed feature.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetan J
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor - Radius Targeting

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can do it in Editor via Add Multiple Location Targets:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30573

(look at the bottom for "proximity targets"). You would need to specify latitude/longitude for the center for the circle - Editor can't look it up from address the way the online interface does.

Alternatively, you can set up the target once in the online interface, sync it to Editor, then copy/paste it to other campaigns.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetan J
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can do it in Editor via Add Multiple Location Targets:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30573

(look at the bottom for "proximity targets"). You would need to specify latitude/longitude for the center for the circle - Editor can't look it up from address the way the online interface does.

Alternatively, you can set up the target once in the online interface, sync it to Editor, then copy/paste it to other campaigns.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
OK great. Thanks a lot. I prefer the online interface for now as I need to
update geo targets (radius) for many cities across the US.