AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor Keeps Hanging..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

On my windows7 32bit PC, there is a big lag between clicking on a button and before something happens using editor

For instance when clicking on "add adgroup" it takes about 8 seconds before the new adgroup shows up.

Also when adding multiple keywords, even just two, when clicking on "process", it takes a couple seconds, then the windows cursor changes for a good 10 seconds to the circle "busy" icon, like if it´s hanging in the background, then after some more seconds, I can approve the keywords

I worked for years with editor, never had it running this buggy, this way it´s virtually impossible to build campaigns without getting frustrated.

I uninstalled editor, re-installed version 9.7.1, this is a fairly new PC, did a complete virusscan with nod32, did a spyware scan, my system is clean, fully up-to date AMD athlon DFual Core PC  with 2 gigs of ram.

Anyone can help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor Keeps Hanging..

Vla Google Employee
Google Employee
# 8
Vla Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi SEO_Star,

I hope you've been well.

I tried to replicate the issue with our Technical Team here but unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our end which may indicate that it might be a local issue that you're experiencing.  

I appreciate that this may be frustrating, especially considering the number of accounts you have ( it would all add up!). I can assure you that our AdWords Editor engineering team is constantly working on improving those latency issues but I think the best thing to do in this situation would be for me to get in touch with you via email and get more specific details from you (such as your diagnostic logs) so we could try and see if this is something our engineers/ tech team can fix.

You don't need to post your details here. I'll follow up with you outside of the forum to get your account information in the next hour or so. Please watch for an email in your inbox entitled Google Adwords Support: Editor

Vla

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello SEO_Star,

You might consider looking at this old thread started by AWP Mini long time back specific to 9.7.1. There are different views from advertisers as well as Google Employees too inside that.

Hope that might help you somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

I already visited that threat there, but was unable to find relevant info. as a matter of fact I´ve literally searched for hours and hours, but to no avail.

I certainly wish that kind Adwords Engineer could free up a moment of his valuable time to help me out...

It feels like the Editor software keeps hanging in the background whilst picking up data for instance just switching between adgroups takes literally 20 seconds...

If anyone could please help me out, there are no funny services running in the background, ran mbam, eset smart security, all looks as clean as it gets.... changed permissions to run as administrator, I thought for a second the problem was resolved, but no, it´s not :-(

Since I´m managing nearly 100 accounts it´s starting to become a real pain, this way it´s too prone to create mistakes, where you copy/paste something but because of the delay, it gets pasted in the wrong places frustratingly.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again SEO_Star,

Did you try contacting the Adwords support regarding this particular issue on Adwords Editor? If not I would suggest contacting them and hopefully they might have some solution to that.

Pankaj

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SEO_Star

Let me see if I can find somebody to help. Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks Zee for jumping in. Hopefully, we would get some solution for SEO_Star Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi +Zee 

Thanks for your effort!

With kind regards,

SEO_Star

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Vla Google Employee
Google Employee
# 8
Vla Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi SEO_Star,

I hope you've been well.

I tried to replicate the issue with our Technical Team here but unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our end which may indicate that it might be a local issue that you're experiencing.  

I appreciate that this may be frustrating, especially considering the number of accounts you have ( it would all add up!). I can assure you that our AdWords Editor engineering team is constantly working on improving those latency issues but I think the best thing to do in this situation would be for me to get in touch with you via email and get more specific details from you (such as your diagnostic logs) so we could try and see if this is something our engineers/ tech team can fix.

You don't need to post your details here. I'll follow up with you outside of the forum to get your account information in the next hour or so. Please watch for an email in your inbox entitled Google Adwords Support: Editor

Vla

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I too am having this problem it's terrible and almost unusable