AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor - Is There An Easier Way To Apply Flexible Bid Strategies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am doing work on an account that has a very long list of flexible bid strategies in it's library. At the moment, I am changing the bid strategies at the campaign, ad group and keyword level. To do this, you of course have to select the individual strategy from a drop down list. This can be very difficult as I have to scroll through a very long list of strategies which seem to be not be in any kind of logical order (alphabetical or otherwise.) Is there a way to be able to sort them newest to oldest (as far as their creation date) or alphabetically? If not, a suggestion to your developers I'd have is to allow either a search function within the bid strategy selection on all levels, or a way to sort them not only alphabetically but also by newest to oldest. Additionally, it'd be super helpful if you were able to manage them like you can on the browser interface, including being able to create them.

Thanks for any help you have to offer!

Frank

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franklin B
July 2016

Re: AdWords Editor - Is There An Easier Way To Apply Flexible Bid Strategies?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
The easiest way would probably be building a CSV file with your data, and applying it via Account > Import or Make Multiple Changes.

There's also incremental search built into the drop-down. Click on it (or tab to it and press Space) so the drop-down list opens up. Then type " (double quote character) and the first few letters of the strategy name. The selection should jump to the corresponding strategy.

It's probably a good idea to arrange the names alphabetically (at the moment, they are listed in no particular order, essentially randomly). We can't arrange them in chronological order - we simply don't know which ones are old and which are new, there are no time stamps associated with them.

Creating and editing portfolio bid strategies - maybe one day, but, to be perfectly honest, it's not high on our priority list. It doesn't seem to be common to have a large number of them.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franklin B
July 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
The easiest way would probably be building a CSV file with your data, and applying it via Account > Import or Make Multiple Changes.

There's also incremental search built into the drop-down. Click on it (or tab to it and press Space) so the drop-down list opens up. Then type " (double quote character) and the first few letters of the strategy name. The selection should jump to the corresponding strategy.

It's probably a good idea to arrange the names alphabetically (at the moment, they are listed in no particular order, essentially randomly). We can't arrange them in chronological order - we simply don't know which ones are old and which are new, there are no time stamps associated with them.

Creating and editing portfolio bid strategies - maybe one day, but, to be perfectly honest, it's not high on our priority list. It doesn't seem to be common to have a large number of them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is extremely helpful! Thank you so much :-).