AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor - 4K/UHD View Support?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello all,

With the release of AdWords Editor V12, I was hoping that Google would have included native support for resolutions higher than 1920x1080.

I've recently got a 4K laptop, and it's an absolute nightmare trying to use the V11/V12 versions of AdWords Editor. Loads of buttons/menus are different sizes, and text is cropped off on multiple rows. Whilst it is still usable, it isn't very nice to use at all, and I do tend to avoid using Editor now because of this. I've been through all Windows display settings and Editor display settings, all to no avail.

Does anyone have any solutions to this, or perhaps know if Google is looking at 4K support? Given the technology of the web platforms, surely it would be a relatively quick fix?

Cheers,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Could you show a screenshot of what Editor looks like on your screen? Be careful to redact any personal information from it.

We didn't do anything special for high resolution monitors, nor were we aware that anything special needs to be done, quite frankly. We'll look into this. That screenshot would be helpful.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Here's a link to some screenshots with different zoom sizes and monitors. I've seen this occur on multiple Surface tablets and laptops, including the external monitor issue in picture 5. My standard setting is 90% AWE zoom and 250% Windows zoom as you get the least amount of text cutoff, but it still isn't the best user experience. Surely there's a way that this can be rectified?

http://imgur.com/a/pLjUG

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm using an Asus 4K laptop for reference, however it also occurred on a HP Envy 4K model as well as the aforementioned Surface products. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Thank you for the screenshots. We'll try to do better in the future releases.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please follow through on this promise. I've had to dig an old monitor out of the basement to use externally. for reference I too am using an ASUS laptop (Zenbook)

Thanks!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

We are working on it. If nothing else, it gave us an excuse to obtain and expense a 4K monitor (for science!) Can't promise anything for the nearest upcoming release though; most likely, a release after that one.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Looking forward to your expense claim!