AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Does anyone know how to get rid of the yellow warnings in the new editor? Accelerated delivery, lack of audience lists, targeting automation, rotate indefinitely, even manual bidding are all considered "problems" with the new editor. If there is an actual issue, then you won't know because the editor now considers optimization an "issue".

None of these are standard options when creating a campaign. It doesn't make any sense - If you intentionally change these settings, clearly you know you dod that, and you have a reason for it. So... Why is that a "problem"?

Tom

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomhalejr
June 2017

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tom, if you don't want to see warnings from some of the custom rules, you can go into the custom rules view and set the status of the associated rules to Paused. This will stop those rules from checking for violations. If you click the "Show rule" link next to a particular warning, it will take you right to the view and select the rule automatically for you, which makes pausing it a bit easier.

The rules are meant to help surface best practice violations. There are some provided out of the box, but you can suppress and/or edit these or even define your own if you'd like.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomhalejr
June 2017

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tom, if you don't want to see warnings from some of the custom rules, you can go into the custom rules view and set the status of the associated rules to Paused. This will stop those rules from checking for violations. If you click the "Show rule" link next to a particular warning, it will take you right to the view and select the rule automatically for you, which makes pausing it a bit easier.

The rules are meant to help surface best practice violations. There are some provided out of the box, but you can suppress and/or edit these or even define your own if you'd like.

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Ahhh.... Thank you.

Tom

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for this, I don't appreciate those custom rules invading my editor telling me what to do when i am fully aware of how i run my campaigns! Grrrr!

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to revert to an older version of the Editor? This is not very well-designed and seems quite buggy.  

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

What kinds of bugs are you seeing Jeff?

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It keeps crashing. I do have a large account, but it's never had issues in the past. I'm just trying to pull recent changes or check changes, but it takes an incredible amount of time to do so and then closes itself. And aesthetically, it's not as clean of a design as previous versions. Something about the font or more things being in all caps is really bothering my eyes. 

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It also doesn't help that my entire account is showing yellow flags. There's nothing wrong with the account. So please, how do I revert to an older version?

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

I'm sorry to hear that Jeff. You can download the old version here for Windows:

https://dl.google.com/adwords_editor/11.8.0.0/Google_AdWords_Editor.msi

or here for Mac:

https://dl.google.com/adwords_editor/11.8.0.0/Google_AdWords_Editor.dmg

Make sure to uninstall Editor before running one of these installers. Also note that with the Windows installer, you will not receive automatic updates anymore, so you will have to manually upgrade at some point later.

As far as the yellow flags go, those are from the default custom rules mentioned above. See my original response for how to turn them off completely by pausing them so you don't get bothered by them (although since you are downgrading to 11.8, you won't need to use that anyway).

AdWords Editor 12.0.2

Not applicable
# 10
Not applicable

I totally agree about the bugs on the new version (besides the yellow warnings)...
It is completely crazy !

I don't understand how a company like google can release a buggy update for a so important software !

I personaly came back to the previous version. Relief....

All the best