AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor 11.2.2 - Unposted Work Lost

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Any campaigns I have been working on in Editor, but not yet posted to AdWords, have been lost with the update.

I advise users to make a CSV export of any unposted work before updating Editor.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobSkelton
November 2015

Re: AdWords Editor 11.2.2 - Unposted Work Lost

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Choosing "Backup then Update" at the 11.1 backup prompt will save an archive (file with .aea extension) for each in account in the following locations:

Windows: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\auto_update

Mac: /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Google-AdWords-Editor/auto_update

After downloading the campaigns in the new version, you can import your edits from the previously saved archive. On Mac, it will be easier to copy the file to a location that's easier for Finder to find, like ~/Downloads.

Beginning with updates to 11.2, Editor will not require explicit action to save a backup if the upgraded version requires you to re-download. More details at https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30514?hl=en