6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Audience Targeting for Search Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what is the purpose of Audiences in Search campaigns for new Adwords Interface. Can anyone help me understand how Audiences are used for Search campaigns in new Adwords interface? Is it for RLSA or does it serve any other purpose?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ujjaval B
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ujjaval B

Adding Audiences to the existing targeting allows you to customise your Search Network campaigns by prioritising people who are important to you.

Having said that it's important to note that you do not necessarily need to make an RLSA campaign by limiting your targeting to the set of the audiences only. You can add audiences to your existing search network campaigns to see how audiences from different lists are actually performing even without making it a remarketing campaign. 

When you go ahead to set this up, you get two options in the new AdWords interface - 1. Targeting, 2. Observation

Make sure you are setting it to 'observation'. Doing this will not make it an RLSA campaign and still give you insights on the audiences lists. It's same as 'Bid Only' and 'Target & Bid' settings for display network in the old interface. 

Now when you see that a reasonable percentage of people from your audience lists are overlapping with your existing keywords targeting in search campaigns, it means the people who came to your site and did not convert are still on their paths to the purchase. So, you still have a chance to convert them.

You can bid more aggressively on them by setting a positive bid modifier of a certain percentage. It will allow you to prioritize your ads for the people who already visited your site.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ratan-Jha,

Thank you for explaining this.

Best,

Ujjaval Bhatt