AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Alerts no more - long live Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I had som problems with alerts for mý client accounts (basically, they stoped being sent by email) in my MCC and after having posted a ticket to AdWords support, who put some technician to look at my MCC, I finally got the message that they couldn´t fix it and that AdWords alerts would be discontinued anyway!

´Horror´, I thought, ´how can I then possibly supervise and follow every little adjustment in all my clients acounts´.

Desparately I started looking for a solution and - happily enough - found out that custom alerts has been implemented in Analytics, and although it will be a little more cumbersome to set up and perhaps not as customizable as AdWords-alerts, it´s surely better than no alerts at all.

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1011416&topic=25189&ctx=topic'

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Alerts no more - Try Automated rules

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David;

Custom alerts are going to be shut down at the end of the month !(June 30th)

http://adwords.blogspot.gr/2012/05/announcement-custom-alerts-will-sunset.html

Google says:

• Many of these actions can now be done by creating automated rules - a tool within AdWords that enables you to schedule automatic changes to specific parts of your account based on the criteria that you specify.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: AdWords Alerts no more - Try Automated rules

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I read that.
I don´t think automated rules is any good substitute for alerts though.