AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Account permalink

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to be able to have an URL that links to an AdWords account, one that I can share with other users that have access whithin the MCC. I want to do this for lots of accounts on which I am co-working with a few people.

Is there a way?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Account permalink

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you want to share an account, you just need to use permissions. There isn't a way of using a link. As far as I'm aware you can only share using email invites to specific people you then have to approve.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Everyone has access, as I said. I only want to have an URL which can be used by everyone (who has access) to enter the account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree with Alex. I wish there was a way to quickly share a URL with a teammate so that that teammate could be taken directly to the ad/campaign in question.

Use case:
1. Bob is working inside AdWords, and needs to send his work to Alice
2. Bob copies the URL of his current AdWords location and emails it to Alice
3. Alice gets the email, clicks the link, and is taken directly to the area in which Bob was working

This is a crucial part of ad team communication and collaboration. I wish there was a way to do this.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Not using this kind of publishable link into a campaign is a safety feature for the account owners.  If you could just generate a link and give someone access to an account, it would be much easier for hackers to break into the system.

The use of MCCs and sub-MCCs makes it possible to grant other authorized users access to one or more AdWords accounts. It takes a bit more time to set up, but it's much more secure.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Obviously, the link should not bypass or override the login process. That was not the intention in my use case; I should have made it more clear.

Here's my amended use case to make this more clear:
1. Bob and Alice are co-workers who manage Google Ad campaigns. Both of them have relevant account permissions to do so.
2. Bob is working inside AdWords, and needs to send his work to Alice
3. Bob copies the URL of his current AdWords location and emails it to Alice
4. Alice gets the email, clicks the link, and, if she is currently logged-in to AdWords, is taken directly to the area in which Bob was working. If she isn't currently logged into AdWords, a login prompt will be displayed, and after she logs in, she'll see the area that Bob sent her.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By the way, linking to a specific item is doable in Facebook's Ad manager, and I use it many, many times per day.

Here's an example of Facebook:
https://business.facebook.com/ads/manager/account/campaigns/?act=12345&business_id=54321

If I send that URL to a teammate, and they click it, they will be taken to account #12345 inside business #54321, if they have relevant permissions.

This is also useful for external tools that need to generate links to Facebook Ad manager.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
This kind of link sharing works with Double Click(DCM, DBM) and is really a great feature when working in teams.
Should be added to feature request for sure.
Regards
Nikhil
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog