AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Account Suspended Instantly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I run a Google Adwords account with over 35 campaigns, each campaign being a unique website. On Feb 22 I received an email that one of the campaigns flagged googles policy, the policy being a Bridge Page. Once we got this email we instantly made relevant changes to the campaigns landing page but unfortunately 2 days later (24 feb) our entire account was suspended.

I am not sure why an entire account would be suspended and not the campaigns that may be violating the policy.

I am willing to work with Google on this issue and make sure every site is compliant with Googles Policies.

Could anyone from Google please help? I have tried contacting the normal AdWords support but unfortunately they cannot give me an answer and no next steps on removing the suspension.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Account Suspended Instantly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi joekelly,

yes if bridge page policy gets violated google suspend the whole account. so one must be very careful in dealing with bridge page policy. just go through the below link might be it would help you somewhere...

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi joekelly,

In addition, I would like to say that you really need to work on your websites which you are promoting in Adwords. Have the sufficiemt amount of content, which is unique, transparent and clearly explains your product or services. Once you are sure that your website/websites are totally in sync with the Adwords policies, you can request a review so that Google considers it again.

In case of account suspension, only Adwords support can help you out. My opinion would be contact them either through a phone call or filling the contact form and clearly explain the situation once you amend your website/websites.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One campaign can "infect" all the other campaigns within an account, even if each campaign goes to a different website.

To protect your other clients, I'd recommend that you set up one account per client.  That way, if one account violates an AdWords policy and gets suspended, at least the issue is isolated and will not affect your other clients.

Reporting is easier when you have everyone in their own account. 

We used to have many campaigns in one account and then moved to one-account-per-client model for this very same reason.  We did not see a significant difference in metrics like CTRs or CPCs - the campaigns held their own in their own new account houses!

Hope of help,

Jude.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Joekelly,

I have to say I generally dont hear of Advertisers getting suspended for Bridge Page Violations - usually there is a repeated policy violation that gets you suspended - have you had these troubles before?

Just keep working with that Google Rep and be prepared to be very patient.  Policy issues can take a long time to sort out so plan for a couple of weeks of back and fourth before you begin to pull out your hair.  That Rep you have been talking to is your lifeline because Google Policy can only be contacted via these reps.  So give your Google Rep everything he/she needs to make the case for you.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'