AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad words scheduling when ad is targeted to two different time zones

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First posting here as I have muddled through everything myself until now however I wonder if you might be able to help me as I cant find the answer anywhere:

I run a small company with small inventory with a competitive keyword set. I noticed most of my rivals use up there budget by about 7pm each day and the quality of my competitors adverts dips in the evening. Evening clicks would actually be good for my business as its the time of day in our sector that people make buying decisions.

My question is this: I have my advert and campaign set up or the UK and USA and I want my advert to show between 6pm and midnight each night - Does adwords recognize that I am east coast but I wnat my advert to show at those times in whatever location the user is in? I.e. 7pm in New York my advert will show, but will it show at 7pm in London and Los Angeles? or is it set to 7pm eastern no matter where the user is so I have to create 3 different campaigns?

thanks in advance for the help - sincerely appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad words scheduling when ad is targeted to two different time zone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there and welcome;

Time scheduling is based on your account time zone settings;

So, you need to adjust your campaign scheduling to the time zone you are targeting. (e.g if you are in the East coast, and you want your campaign to start 8 am in CA time, you need to set the start time to 11 am Eastern).

If you are targeting two locations, in different time zones, you need to set separate campaigns.  The system recognizes the user's location; but still does not recognize time differences.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

**bleep**. I was worried that was the case..thanks for letting me know sincerely appreciate your time.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Great!;

Come back and check with us as your campaigns make progress.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’