AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad words Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

As you know Google came up with a new feature "Draft & experiment"

I red few articles about it but still i have few  doubts.

Does Draft and experiment need some budget to run?.Few article says it does not require any budge for running the test.

Few are saying it requires budget or traffic.

I need a proper explanantion like how this experiment works? do we need to provide budget to run it. If we do than what is the use of it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish k
June 2016

Re: Ad words Experiment

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
But still i have few doubts as you said it needs budget to run, Don't
you think there will be two ads running from one account.
Ans:- you will give rights like how much you want to spend for original campaigns and how h you want to spend on experiment campaign.
For example:-
You are running one campaign xyz and your budget is around ₹100.
Now you make a experiment campaign same campaign as your xyz you will assign how much you wants to spend for this campaign like
40% of original campaign and 60% to experiment campaign.

Second we have to select budget or traffic can you please explain little
bit how does ads will be show and how traffic will not effect the
original budget.
Ans:- check the above answer you'll get the solution.

My only concern is, will the original campaign will get effect if we run
experiment and how does experiment shows ads when there is a original
campaign running and showing same ads.
Ans:- no effect on original campaign until unless you don't make as run or changes on my original campaign. After running 1 week you'll have some data like ctr, clicks, conversion on the Basis of these parameter if you think the experiment campaign performing well as compare to your original campaign, then you make this experiment as a original campaign.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Draft and experiments are two different things.
Draft is what your test with your desired changes and modifications, it can be applied directly to the original campaign or can be run as an experiment separately.

Now coming to the experiments, if you find your experiment working well then you can apply it to the original campaign or can apply it within a separate campaign.

So when applying to a separate campaign then only you need to have a separate budget.

Please refer to the link which will clarify all your doubts, go through the video also.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en-GB

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ashish k  

Draft and Experiment both is a different campaign & Yes you need to spend some money for active or run this experiment.

How campaign drafts work
Drafts let you prepare multiple changes to a campaign without impacting its performance. When you create a draft, you’re mirroring your campaign’s setup. From there, you can make updates to your draft just as you would in a normal campaign. At any point, you can leave and return to your draft to make additional changes to it, or discard the draft altogether.

How campaign experiments work

After you’ve finished a draft, instead of applying your changes to your original campaign, you can convert your draft to an experiment. As you set up your experiment, you can specify how long you’d like it to run and how much of your original campaign’s traffic (and budget) you’d like it to use.  

For more details kindly check the adwords link below:-  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en  

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ashwani,

Thank you so much for the reply.

original budget.

--
Regards,

Regards,

ASHISH K

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
AdWords rotates in the experiment into the current campaign using that budget. It does not show 2 ads, it shows the experiment instead of the original version. It just shows the new version on a more limited basis so that, if it doesn't work, it doesn't have a dramatic effect on your campaign overall.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish k
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Ans:- you will give rights like how much you want to spend for original campaigns and how h you want to spend on experiment campaign.
For example:-
You are running one campaign xyz and your budget is around ₹100.
Now you make a experiment campaign same campaign as your xyz you will assign how much you wants to spend for this campaign like
40% of original campaign and 60% to experiment campaign.

original budget.
Ans:- check the above answer you'll get the solution.

Ans:- no effect on original campaign until unless you don't make as run or changes on my original campaign. After running 1 week you'll have some data like ctr, clicks, conversion on the Basis of these parameter if you think the experiment campaign performing well as compare to your original campaign, then you make this experiment as a original campaign.

Ad words Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like some clarification on why an experiment is better than simply making changes in your current campaign so that for example, you have two ads using the same settings but the text is different. Or the same ad using two different sets of keywords. Is it a matter of how the budget is allocated within an ad group being influenced by having the two options running together? Please explain why I'd want to run an experiment if it will cost me to run the experiment anyway. thanks.