AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad with Coloured Background at the bottom of the page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there any update on ad rank? ads that appear at the bottom of the page with coloured background, are they considered top position ads too?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad with Coloured Background at the bottom of the page

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

1.) Is there any update on ad rank? => Could you please elaborate what type of update you are looking for? If you want to move the ads to above the organic results, you have to work on improving your ad rank. Ad rank is max cpc * quality score. You can try increasing the bid and also writing ads that are more relevant and have higher CTR

2.) Ads that appear at the bottom of the page with coloured background, are they considered top position ads too? => They are not considered top position ads.
You can find out more on ad position and ad rank below:--
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Warm Regards
Byomkesh Kumar (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82153512)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI Apac,
Byomkesh 

1.) Is there any update on ad rank?

Yes...Ad rank formula has changed recently. Previously it is calculated as Byomkesh said. So you had to work on the Quality score and Max CPC. but recently there is one more term has been added Ad Extension format.However Google did not disclose the exact formula so far. So now the Ad rank depends on:-

1.) Quality Score

2.) Max CPC

3.) Ad Extension Format.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your reply.
i have a campaign and when i do a search my ad is showing at the bottom of the page with coloured background. there is no ad at the top and on the left. why is my ad not showing at the top instead?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If not already done so, you can try setting max cpc more than the est top of page bid estimate.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742?hl=en

Please note that a low quality score will push the estimated bid high. So, try to work on improving the QS also (at least above 7; best 10)

Warm Regards
Byomkesh Kumar (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82153512)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
my keyword QS is 7 and have also increased bid. Also implemented bidding strategy but ad position on search result is the same. no improvement. Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, if you have not included Ad Extensions till now for your ads, I would suggest you to add them right away. 

Also, Google used to try different format of ads in different positions on Google search results, so it is advisable to include various ad extensions which are relevant to your business. It might impact your overall Ad Rank as per the recent announcement made by Google last week.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to the above point, i would like to add one more point here.

You can use the Dynamic keyword Insertion in your ad text. so That it will help you to improve CTR, ultimately your Quality score will improve, This way i have controlled to appear my ads at the Bottom of the page. 

It will also make your headlines longer or eye catching.

Longer headlines-1.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’