AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad under review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had an ad under review since last Wednesday.  I have tried contacting Ad Words via email with no help. They responded saying they were escallating the issue but haven't heard back from them yet. The crazy thing is I submitted the same ad but for a different city the same day and it was approved.  Why is this one still under review? Nothing is different about the ad other than it is for a different city.  Anyone else have problems with ads being under review for a long period of time and the help center being no help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad under review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have had my ads under review sincelast Thursday (26 April). I haven't tried with different cities, etc. but I'm confused that it takes long time like never before to approve it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey,

you could try to edit your ads (you don't need to change anything) and save it. This will update an approval process and you may get more lucky this time...

Unless AdWords thinks there is something wrong with your ads.

Good luck!

Meet AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

There have been extended delays in ad approvals sporadically over the past month or so.  At one point we had a confirmed delay and reassurance that the teams were working as hard as possible to get all ads approved.  You could possibly be experiencing a similar situation now.

Each time you edit and save an ad, the review process starts over and you're back at the end of the line.  Something to consider if you've already been waiting a few days. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI katiepolaris,

Did you try adding another ad to the same adgroup?

Sometimes the phrases which you might be using in ads may trigger a longer approval process (due to some trademark or usage of reserved words).

I would suggest you to create a completely different ad and upload it to the same adgroup, and see what happens to the new ad.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Katie

Its unlikely that a change of a city speeded up the ad review process as in your case. In one of my ad groups I have an ad which is pending approval for the last 3 weeks.

As Tom mentioned, that there have been some unexplained delays in the ad review process but on the other hand, there are few advertisers who are alien to it.

So,I guess "patience" is the key here.Contacting google might not help!

Cheers

Mudit