AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad selected by google not best fit for keywords though choice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Even though I have created ads to specifically fit high relevance search terms, google chooses ads of low word relevance to the keywords being searched for.  This has been happening for ages.  Obviously we appear irrelevant even though we are relevant. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ad selected by google not best fit for keywords though choice

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi gnolsson and welcome,

It sounds to me like you may either need to use some ad group level negative keywords or split your ad groups up into more relevantly themed groupings.

There are times that other keywords (in different ad groups or campaigns) will trigger instead of the best match. This can be down to the match types you are using as well as the ad rank for these keywords.

If you are adamant about this ad showing with these keywords, either you need to use the exact match or use negative keywords to control this.

let me know if you need any more info on these solutions. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ad selected by google not best fit for keywords though choice

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi gnolsson and welcome,

It sounds to me like you may either need to use some ad group level negative keywords or split your ad groups up into more relevantly themed groupings.

There are times that other keywords (in different ad groups or campaigns) will trigger instead of the best match. This can be down to the match types you are using as well as the ad rank for these keywords.

If you are adamant about this ad showing with these keywords, either you need to use the exact match or use negative keywords to control this.

let me know if you need any more info on these solutions. Good luck.