AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad scheduling - effect on budget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hallo, in applying a schedule to my ads, they will not show every day now, only Tuesday to Thursday. I try that because I noticed that for the B2B Ads we run that seems to be the time where most business people look up the things. Monday they are too busy with the new week and the overload of last week, and Friday they think about finishing off the week and not about a new project. Saturday Sunday we want to relax, just a few cracy workoholics around. We are not interested in private customers.

So my question is: how does the daily budget adjust now?

I hoped the daily budget (in our case 10 CHF per day = 304 CHF per month) would automatically adjust to give a higher daily budget on these 3 days when we show ads and give a total of 304 CHF per month again.

But I don't know really. Automatic Adjustment of the daily budget would increase the amount for these 3 days and therefore intensify our Ad Impressions for these three interesting days. That would be very much in our interest.

Anyone knows how this works? Thank you for answering!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad scheduling - effect on budget

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello & Welcome to AdWords Community!

When set up Ad Scheduling to run campaigns from Tue - Thu, your daily budget would remain the same. It's just that your ads would serve only on those days and not on Mon & Fri. You can set up the desired daily budget for this campaign manually and the same would be applicable fro all days. So technically, 1 month = 13 days in this case approximately. Your monthly budget divided by 13 would give you the daily budget for this campaign.

Hope that helps!
- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth,

That's not true, Google sticks to its 30.4 days per month even if you’re not running ads every day of the month.

So, the actual budget = the number of the days * the daily budget (without over-delivery) $10*13 days= $130.... with over-delivery ($10+20%)*13 days= $156

Refer to this thread;- https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Daily-Budget-with-Ad-Scheduling/t...

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Ahmed!

I second you on that point. I was referring to the actual spend of the campaign on a monthly basis, which is conveyed in your calculation Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah, I misunderstood your sentence "1 month=13 days"... not a problem Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hallo everybody!

The question was answered fully with the article answer at:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Daily-Budget-with-Ad-Scheduling/t...

I very much appreciate your efforts in helping me to answer this question.

Since I don't know how to mark: ACCEPTED SOLUTION, just answering to myself.

To summarize the correct answer:

AdWords counts  Number of Days  X daily Budget.

So if they serve only for 12 days and my daily budget is at 10$, it will come up to 120 $ per month.

But Attention! There is the overspending rule of 20% by Google, so you might actually come to a bill of 144 $

And If I want to spend 304 $ and just concentrate my money on these most 12 interesting days in a month for my campaign, then I have to increase the daily budget to  21$ 

(21$ X 12days)= 252 $  + the over delivery of 20% of 252$ = 302.40

Thank you all for your help!

Christian Zülli