AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad says "view offer for ..." under it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running an ad for a keyword "pool fence". When someone types this in and lives in the tampa bay area, the ad shows up.

Underneath our ad it says "view offers for pool fence" with a little blue tag next to it.

We have no extensions set up at all so any idea how this got there?

Re: Ad says "view offer for ..." under it

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey sureguard4

Where did you preview your ad? I mean on the "adwords preview and diag tool" or on the google domain direct? Though this is not relevant to the solution of this issue but I am curious if you previewed your ad on the google domain and clicked on the blue link and saw the details of the "offers for pool fence"? If yes,what did you notice?

Best

Mudit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just on google.com and typed in pool fence. We've never had that show up under our ad before.

I called the help desk and they said it's pulling in the offer from our Google Places account, but that doesn't make sense to me because we have no location extensions set up.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi sureguard4

I'll looking for someone to help. 

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

True,if you have not linked your business's google places account with your campaign, the statement that the "ad is picking the info" from the google places account is "baseless"!

And as you mentioned that you don't have any ad extension set up,any additional info with the ad practically can't appear. Its been how long you are seeing this additional info with your ad?

Also,I am sure you must have given the same explanation to the google rep,was the "google places" logic the best he had in his/her array?

Thanks

Mudit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We just noticed it earlier this week.

I gave all the information to the Google rep.

Basically she said, the "view offers for" is related to Google Places so just login to Google Places and delete the offer.

I said,  I don't want to delete the offer, but I will if I have to.

I logged into Google Places and tried to delete the offer but it said "this is a legacy offer and can not be edited." so I couldn't delete it.

She then said, sorry, Google Places is a free product and we don't support it.

Nice, huh?