AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad rotation in groups or only on campaign level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I want to split-test two ads in a group. I then choose ad rotation under advanced settings. But this will affect the whole ad campaign, not only the group that I would like to test. Am I missing something? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ad rotation in groups or only on campaign level?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Petrolhead

Changing the ad groups advanced delivery method means changing the campaigns delivery method.

Here are a couple of articles about delivery methods and settings, I hope you find them useful-

Choose an ad delivery method  (please see "choosing an ad rotation setting for your campaign")

Edit your campaign settings

I hope this helps, good luck :-)

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Petrolhead,

What you might find useful is doing some testing before you make your decision. If you set up 2 campaigns including the same ad groups, keywords, ads etc. but differing the settings between the 2 then having them run one at a time then this might benefit you more.

When setting up my campaigns I tend to use ad delivery rotate and delivery method of standard to get the most out of my budget. Other targeting method could be introducing ad scheduling combined with accelerated delivery method targeting the high converting parts of the day, this way your campaigns budget won't be used up all at once leaving you with missed impressions.

I hope this has helped with your decision making :-)

Thanks,

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Petrolhead

Changing the ad groups advanced delivery method means changing the campaigns delivery method.

Here are a couple of articles about delivery methods and settings, I hope you find them useful-

Choose an ad delivery method  (please see "choosing an ad rotation setting for your campaign")

Edit your campaign settings

I hope this helps, good luck :-)

Best Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!
Is it then best to have more campaigns and less number of groups per campaign? Since you cannot have both rotation and click optimization within same campaign?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Petrolhead,

What you might find useful is doing some testing before you make your decision. If you set up 2 campaigns including the same ad groups, keywords, ads etc. but differing the settings between the 2 then having them run one at a time then this might benefit you more.

When setting up my campaigns I tend to use ad delivery rotate and delivery method of standard to get the most out of my budget. Other targeting method could be introducing ad scheduling combined with accelerated delivery method targeting the high converting parts of the day, this way your campaigns budget won't be used up all at once leaving you with missed impressions.

I hope this has helped with your decision making :-)

Thanks,

Liam