AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing (Spanish Language Ad)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to target Spanish speaking users with a new ad campaign. I have created an ad, but it is not showing. It has 0 impressions and does not show on the search results for Google Ad Diagnosis

Here is how I created the ad:

I first copied the campaign settings of my campaign for English speaking users, and used them as a basis for this new campaign.

Then, I changed the language settings for this new campaign from english only to english, spanish and portugese.

I translated my ad and keywords into spanish

My ad is currently approved, and I am not over budget.

When I place my cursor over the ad in the Google Ad Manager, I get the message, "Users do not search for this term very often on Google properties, so it is not eligible to trigger your ads" Is this why my ads are not showing, even on Google Ad Diagnosis? Using Google Ad Diagnosis, when I search for the terms I want to trigger my ads, I do see other Google ads being triggered. I just don't see mine. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spanish Language targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello leymans; welcome to the Community;

It looks to me that either your bid is too low or your QS is low.

A few points to keep in mind:

1. Languages are more a matter of culture than of words. When you translate, make sure that a native Spanish speaker goes through your ad-copy for a proper proof reading . Do not use Google translate
  2. Remember that when you are targeting Spanish, you are targeting those who set their language preferences on Google to Spanish, or using Google interface in English, but run searches in Spanish. (That's why you kept the English language in a campaign targeting Spanish,)

We had a nice best practice discussion on international targeting:International Advertising Best Practices:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/International-Advertising-B...

Read more :

AdWords Language Targeting

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Spanish Language targeting

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Leymans, 

It sounds like you may be using 'Low Search Volume' keywords. If you look at your keywords tab and look at the Status column you might see the message "Low Search Volume'. If this is the case, this means that your keywords are not searched for frequently on Google, so these terms are not eligible to trigger your ads. In this instance the best thing to do is to try and find some more keywords that users are searching for. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Re: Ad not showing (Spanish Language Ad)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi leymans,

It sounds like your translated keywords aren't being searched often. I'm sure this is probably down the the grammar. The phrases may not match what people are specifically searching.

Maybe try using Google instant in http://www.google.es/ to look at keywords that people are actually using.