AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad extensions - site link extension order

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have an ad extension related question.

We have campaign site extension links approved and running. There are 4 approved site extension links, but only 3 are showing.

We realize we cannot change the order, but by dropping one of the currently showing site extension links and replacing it with the one we want to show then all 3 links we need to show would be visible.

Is there any way to do this without deleting, stopping existing site links and waiting for new approval?

Thank you in advance.

Imre

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imre78
September 2015

Re: Ad extensions - site link extension order

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 14
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Definitely your site links must comply with the new rules so yes most propably will happen what you described. You should also think that this might was the reason that the fourth site link wasn't viewable in the first case, and that was one reason of many for Google Adwords to upgrade the site link extensions.

Dont forget to star us or also to credit a solution to the most apropriate answer. Smiley Wink
George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Have you tried In the Edit campaign sitelink extension

To Deselect << all of them and re-import them >> with different order ?

This should do the job.
George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the response.

If we edit the site links then it gets sent for re-approval - the issue is we do not want to be without sitelinks while this process occurs.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@Imre78;
Approval process is quite fast...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I didn't say that you are will edit the site links. I said that you will re-order already approved ones.
George Gemenetzis

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for your response but what you are suggesting triggers brand new reviews. It is like starting all over, which we are attempting to avoid.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I am sorry to say but You are wrong 100% . When a set of e.g. 4 sitelinks are already approved
but for some reason only 3 are visible and you want to reorder them so that the 4th will come to the 3rd place and the 3rd to the 4th i am telling you again you JUST NEED TO REORDER THEM. When you will reorder them you will get the result you want and AGAIN THEY WILL NOT NEED TO BE APPROVED AGAIN.

I just reordered the site links of one of my customers and as usual they don't need to be re approved.

In the Edit campaign sitelink extension
Deselect << all of them and re-import them >> with different order 

George Gemenetzis

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for your reply.
When we attempt to reorder we hit the edit button and get this warning:
http://screencast.com/t/DRpF3MVv
Are we missing something?
Where do you go to just re-order?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You didnt upgrade your sitelink extensions ?

Upgrade your sitelink extensions:
Create extensions for ad groups or campaigns.
Set schedules and device preferences.
Retain performance history across edits.

Upgrade all sitelink extensions
Learn more
http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en#upgraded

When you do you will not get this message Smiley Wink
George Gemenetzis

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
And you should upgrade on your schedule rather than waiting for it to happen on google's clock