AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad extensions phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently running a call extension on my ad.  Because I was using this number for my ad, I felt I should also use it on my website.  Thus, I also used it in materials that I sent out with any sales I received.

But, I now need to stop the call extension because I will be promoting a site that does not sell anything.  I'll just be using adwords to promote the site.

But I still want that number on my old site because I've been using the number for quite some time, including in the materials I sent out.

So, my question is, do I still get the use of that number once I stop using it for the call extension?   I will probably use it again down the road when I switch my old site back to adwords.

Re: Ad extensions phone number

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
If you are talking about Google Forwarding Number; if you stop using it, the number will remain assigned to you for only a few days, After that, it gets recycled. So, you better go back to use your original/actual phone number on your website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jack,

You can always use the number you prefer. If you are not using the call extensions feature, please do pause the campaign associated with call extensions and create a new one to eliminate any confusion.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Shruti

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shruti. Thank you for your reply. This is interesting... Are you
saying that if I pause my current campaign I can retain that number?

In other words, people dialing that number will still get through to me
even though the campaign is paused? And has been paused for say, a month?

Jack