AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad extension help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help trying to figure out why there are two sets of ad extensions. One under sitelink (says approved next to it) then under that it says ad extensions with another list. Not sure what is actually showing.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer M
November 2016

Ad extension help

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

The data is at the top, and you edit the extensions at the bottom.

Data (top of screen) - The data is for all extensions in that campaign.

Edit (bottom of screen) - There are three different tabs of view, one of each level of sitelinks in the account, where you edit and create sitelinks.

Account

Campaign

Adgroup

If there are multiple sitelinks throughout the account, you will not see any data for sitelinks in other campaigns, when viewing at the campaign level.

If there are adgroup level sitelinks, then you have to go down to the adgroup level of the account, to view data for that particular adgroup.

This is why you want to use as high of level of sitelinks as you can. It's like inception going down through these levels. Pick 4-6 account level sitelinks, that at the account level have the best overall performance. Use those as account level sitelinks, and delete all the campaign and adgroup level sitelinks that make this so confusing.

The sitelinks themselves will still exist within the account, unless you delete them in the sitelink editing interface through a 2-step process. 

Tom

View solution in original post

Ad extension help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

It is a little bit confusing. The top of the Sitelinks page is the historical reporting of your sitelinks with columns of data.

Below that is the sitelinks that are currently active, and there are tabs for ad group, campaign and account.

Ad extension help

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer M,

Just explaining @RobSkelton statement.

The above list is including all the ad extensions(sitelink) within your account.

And the below list includes the particular set of sitelink extensions(amongst all the sitelink extensions) that you have selected for specific campaign/ad group or at account level.

All the sitelink extensions that have data(clicks, impressions) are showing but they may trigger from different ad groups/campaigns. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Ad extension help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit, so you are saying the one on top that is approved (listed in a particular campaign) is the one showing and the ones on the bottom of that may not be showing? How do I move them up? I wish I could attach my screen shot. I'm so confused.

Ad extension help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it is confusing. UGH! Still confused.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer M
November 2016

Ad extension help

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

The data is at the top, and you edit the extensions at the bottom.

Data (top of screen) - The data is for all extensions in that campaign.

Edit (bottom of screen) - There are three different tabs of view, one of each level of sitelinks in the account, where you edit and create sitelinks.

Account

Campaign

Adgroup

If there are multiple sitelinks throughout the account, you will not see any data for sitelinks in other campaigns, when viewing at the campaign level.

If there are adgroup level sitelinks, then you have to go down to the adgroup level of the account, to view data for that particular adgroup.

This is why you want to use as high of level of sitelinks as you can. It's like inception going down through these levels. Pick 4-6 account level sitelinks, that at the account level have the best overall performance. Use those as account level sitelinks, and delete all the campaign and adgroup level sitelinks that make this so confusing.

The sitelinks themselves will still exist within the account, unless you delete them in the sitelink editing interface through a 2-step process. 

Tom

Ad extension help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom, how do I move the ad extensions from the bottom up to the approved area?