AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad customizer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement ad customizer for one of my brand campaigns. The feed has target location, Address and the Ad text details.

My doubt is, the feed has locations of 2 cities and each city has different headline which will be changing every fortnightly. So is it mandatory for me to specify Target Campaign & Ad Group or will the Headline be picked up based on user location from the feed?

I have this doubt because, I don't have to define either target campaign or ad group if I have to only pass location, as the location inserted based on the user location. 

Thanks,

Adi

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aditya M
December 2015

Re: Ad customizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aditya,

You do not necessarily require to define target campaign and/or target adgroup.  But be informed that it will make your customizers eligible across your account. It means whichever campaign/adgroup meets your location target conditions, it will trigger the customizers in your ads.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aditya M
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aditya,

You do not necessarily require to define target campaign and/or target adgroup.  But be informed that it will make your customizers eligible across your account. It means whichever campaign/adgroup meets your location target conditions, it will trigger the customizers in your ads.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, I have another question. I'm trying to pass two parameters in my ads:
eg: {=regularadfeed.Desc_line1} {=regularadfeed.Address}.

The ads aren't being served at all and I keep getting the error: Your ad can't show because its parameters couldn't be filled in. Make sure to check that you have matching values that fit within character limits.

My feed looks like this

Desc Line 1 Address Target Location
Get Delivery in Malad 122012, Maharashtra, India.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Aditya M,

Make sure your ad does not exceed the character limits when customizers are implemented. If you are adding both the customizers in the first description line, you are exceeding the limit of 35. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have double checked, both the address and desc line together doesn't exceed character limit. So you suggest, not to add both the customizers in 1 description lines? Coz i have implemented customizer in all the ad lines and have 2 customizers in description line 1.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Can you share your ad copy with customizer parameters in it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I have your email ID?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
You can post it here Aditya. Feel free to hide your domain URL or any private information from it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok.

Here is my Ad:

Headline: {=regularadfeed.Headline}
Desc Line 1: {=regularadfeed.Desc_line1} {=regularadfeed.Address}
Desc Line 2: {=regularadfeed.Desc_line2}
Display URL: www.123456789.in/OrderNow

My feed parameters are:

Headline Desc_line1 Desc_line2 Address Target location
# 123456789™ Hyderabad Order Book In Pay Online Or COD. Order Book Now! Rajendranagar 500030, Telangana, India.

Action is ADD.