AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad customizer values in url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to actually use data provided by customizers in url? I am actually writing a script that is supposed to do something like this. Is it possible using customizers? If not is there a way to achieve this functionality without creating huge amount of ads? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad customizer values in url

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm not sure I entirely understand what you want to do--do you mean that you would like to use ad customizer data (ex. time of day) and insert those into your URLs?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie, Yes. The customizer lists possible products and it would be nice if I could make the ads url based on the data. For example www.example.com/{=source.url} Mark

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Mark,

And it sounds like you would want to use that information as part of a tracking parameter, as something to add onto your final URL?

If that's the case, then I do not think this is possible; ad customizers update in real-time, for each ad auction, and you would need to find a way to have a script execute to change your tracking parameter after the ad customizer has updated. for every auction. And you cannot use ad customizers directly in the URL fields. But depending on what kind of data you want to track through your URL, you may just be able to use ValueTrack parameters: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447

Cassie