AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad at bottom of search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am targeting a keyword with no competitors for a client, the ad is showing at the bottom of the search results even though there is nothing at the top or side. I urgently need to get the ad to appear at the top, any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

You're not alone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Technov,

The non-competitors factor isn't going to affect very much.  Your quality score for that keyword and your adrank will be more likely to land you at the bottom of the page.

This thread has some great insight and advise.

Some thoughts on how you can work on this.

-Check on your average position statistics (Keywords and Ads) and make sure you're bidding high enough for 'First Page Placement'.

-Enhance your ads with extentions

-Improve Keyword Quality Score

These things among others will help you achieve Top of Page placements.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi Tom, My quality score is 7/10, and my bid is much high...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

My quality score is 7/10, and my bid is much higher tan the first page placement estimate. The average position for each of my keywords is 1 but the ad still appears at the bottom of the SERP. There are no ads at the top at all.

I have tried adding extensions to see if this works. Could the problem be because my campaign is fairly new (48 hours)??

Thanks

Hello Technov, Even your ad is in top position but still...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Technov,

Even your ad is in top position but still there is no guarantee google will show ad text site links each time. Display of site links also depend on the CTR of site link pages, performance of site links for that particular search query in that particular region etc.
Dinesh
My Blog

Hi Dinesh. My ad says it's in the top position but it is...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dinesh.

My ad says it's in the top position but it is still appearing at the bottom of the SERP....

I tried adding site links but this didn't help, the ad still appears at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Re: Hi Tom, My quality score is 7/10, and my bid is much high...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

technov, I'm having very similar issue. It seams that people here don't understand the issue completely. Have you been able to find the solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Hi Tom, My quality score is 7/10, and my bid is much high...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same. Has anyone found a solution?