AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad & Keyword Removal After Ad Goup Removal

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After a re-structuring of the ad environment, several ad groups under a campaign were marked "remove" about 2 years ago. Unfortunately when an ad group is marked "removed", it does not pause or "remove" the ad group's ads or keywords. This results are that ads and keywords under the removed group continue to appear enabled (green), and the Google interface does not allow the user to pause or remove them because the parent ad group was "removed". Filtering the view to see "only enabled"  does not filter them out, as they are enabled. This has become problematic and we now have these very old ads and keywords that cannot be removed from view nor will the software allow the ability to disable them in any way.

I did not see "first remove or pause the ad group's ads and keywords before removing the ad group" in any Google procedural instructions.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375409?hl=en

Please advise as to how I can get this solved, thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad & Keyword Removal After Ad Goup Removal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Have you tried to remove those keywords from the Keywords tab?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’