AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Visibility - Targeted Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have set my Ad to be visible all around the world. However when I test to see the visibility, I could see my ad visible in very few countries that I am least concerned. Please guide me in resolving the issue by providing possible concerns on the same and also the solutions that I could follow.

Thanks n Regards,

Swapna

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sswapna
September 2015

Re: Ad Visibility - Targeted Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Swapna,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sswapna wrote:

Hello,

I have set my Ad to be visible all around the world. However when I test to see the visibility, I could see my ad visible in very few countries that I am least concerned. Please guide me in resolving the issue by providing possible concerns on the same and also the solutions that I could follow.

Thanks n Regards,

Swapna

Where actually are you testing your ads? Are you searching on live Google search or are you aware of a tool that is specially dedicated for this pupose called Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. Refer to this article for more insights. It is not recommended to do a live search of your ad because it ultimately affects your own CTR, impressions etc...

There could be many reasons for your ad visibility. First one is your daily budget and other settings across like accelerated or normal ad delivery. You shouldn't expect your ad to be delivered on each and every query. Rather it depends whether the query made by the user was relevant to the keywords you are using or not.

Targeting whole world in a single campaign is certainly not one of the best practices. It's better to streamline your target locations and try to create separate campaigns for separate locations (if possible) to get the maximum exposure.

I would encourage you to read this article by Moshe and Tom where they have explained Adwords targeting in details.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there Sswapna, 

In relation to your question, the bids that are likely to get you on the first page will differ between countries as the ad auction will have different competitors in different countries. 

In any one campaign you can target as many countries as you like, but we generally recommend only having countries that speak the same language as the one your ad text is written in, so it is easy for your customers to read.

Hope this helps!

A. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

When you hover mouse over the speech bubble of your keyword, what message are you getting? Does it say that your ads are running or not?

Does the bid value change based on target loations..?

No, whatever max bid you have set, your ad will be in the auction process based on that for any location which you have choosen in that particular campaign.

If I want to create a seperate campaign targeting locations, who many countries could I target in one campaign. Please guide me in these regards.

You will have to look at the geographical report to see from where actually you are getting the most of your traffic. Go to Dimensions Tab and select that report to identify the core locations for your business.

One option would be to shortlist high traffic regions and have a separate campaign for them. Similarly, you can create another campaigns based on your business needs as to where you are getting the average traffic and how much it is worth advertising there. I would encourage you to read this excellent article also mentioning how you should actually structure your account to get the optimal results.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Swapna,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sswapna wrote:

Hello,

Thanks n Regards,

Swapna

Where actually are you testing your ads? Are you searching on live Google search or are you aware of a tool that is specially dedicated for this pupose called Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. Refer to this article for more insights. It is not recommended to do a live search of your ad because it ultimately affects your own CTR, impressions etc...

There could be many reasons for your ad visibility. First one is your daily budget and other settings across like accelerated or normal ad delivery. You shouldn't expect your ad to be delivered on each and every query. Rather it depends whether the query made by the user was relevant to the keywords you are using or not.

Targeting whole world in a single campaign is certainly not one of the best practices. It's better to streamline your target locations and try to create separate campaigns for separate locations (if possible) to get the maximum exposure.

I would encourage you to read this article by Moshe and Tom where they have explained Adwords targeting in details.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Pankaj,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have checked the Ad both the ways, they were not visible.

If I want to create a seperate campaign targeting locations, who many countries could I target in one campaign. Please guide me in these regards.

Thanks a lot.

Swapna

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there Sswapna, 

In relation to your question, the bids that are likely to get you on the first page will differ between countries as the ad auction will have different competitors in different countries. 

In any one campaign you can target as many countries as you like, but we generally recommend only having countries that speak the same language as the one your ad text is written in, so it is easy for your customers to read.

Hope this helps!

A. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

When you hover mouse over the speech bubble of your keyword, what message are you getting? Does it say that your ads are running or not?

No, whatever max bid you have set, your ad will be in the auction process based on that for any location which you have choosen in that particular campaign.

You will have to look at the geographical report to see from where actually you are getting the most of your traffic. Go to Dimensions Tab and select that report to identify the core locations for your business.

One option would be to shortlist high traffic regions and have a separate campaign for them. Similarly, you can create another campaigns based on your business needs as to where you are getting the average traffic and how much it is worth advertising there. I would encourage you to read this excellent article also mentioning how you should actually structure your account to get the optimal results.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj