AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Scheduling doesn't start when i have set it to.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I currently have campaigns that are timed to start at 8.30 AM and turn off at 6.30 PM. But, we get no impressions until at least 10am (this is a campaign that gets thousands of impressions an hour so it is not due to no one searching my keywords).

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks

JT

Re: Ad Scheduling doesn't start when i have set it to.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack T,

The first thing that comes to mind is time zones. Is the time zone of your account the same as the area you are advertising in?

8:30 am may only be 9:30/10:30 am in the area you are advertising, or you may be advertising across multiple time zones and the multitude of impressions are in a later time zone.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Clynton,

Thanks for the response, yes the account is GMT, and we are targeting just the UK. Decided to set the campaigns live an hour earlier in the hope it'll kick in at the correct time. A bit of a stopgap until I can find out the issue.

Thanks
JT

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmmm ok,

Are you getting 0 impressions or only a few during this time (the first hour or so)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
0 impressions, and cannot find the ads online if I search, (bad practise, I know!)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Not the worst idea but there is a better one.

If you are certain your ad schedule is set up correctly I would suggest performing an ad diagnostic during this time (say at 9am). That should tell you exactly why your ad is not showing or what could be limiting it.

Learn about the tool here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

If that is the route you are going to go. let me know how it goes when you check it out.

Hope that helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Didn't even think of that, Yea I will have to try that tomorrow morning. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Thanks Clynton.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad to help, will check back tomorrow!