AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Schedule not working??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign that does very well on Monday and Friday between 10 am and 3pm so I set ad scheduling for this campaign to run at 10 am EST - 5 PM EST.  The campaign is paused, should it not automatically start at 10 am on Friday and Monday?  As it stands it is not doing this and if I keep the campaign active it will spend money.  I have double checked the time zone and it is what it should be.  Am I missing something?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ad Schedule not working??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi WickedPierre,

If you're campaign is paused, it will not show ads regardless of your ad scheduling. Enable the campaign and it will adhere to the scheduling you have set up.

If you hover over your keywords during the scheduled time, you should see "your ad is showing". Do the same outside of the scheduled times and it will say "ads not showing".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WickedPierre
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I will enable the campaign now and keep an eye on it.  This account was opened outside of Canada but all settings are set for Canada EST, but I have had past issues with this as I think the system gets confused if you will.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello WickedPierre;

It should; [edited : unless the campaign is paused}

Is your account time zone set to EST, or to the default time zone PST?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi WickedPierre,

If you're campaign is paused, it will not show ads regardless of your ad scheduling. Enable the campaign and it will adhere to the scheduling you have set up.

If you hover over your keywords during the scheduled time, you should see "your ad is showing". Do the same outside of the scheduled times and it will say "ads not showing".

Best of Luck!

Pete

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

WickedPierre;

Pete's answer is (of course ) the answer!

I misinterpreted your line saying: " As it stands it is not doing this and if I keep the campaign active it will spend money."

(My interpretation was that your intent was NOT keep the campaign active for 24 hrs.)....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WickedPierre
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I will enable the campaign now and keep an eye on it.  This account was opened outside of Canada but all settings are set for Canada EST, but I have had past issues with this as I think the system gets confused if you will.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi WickedPierre,

Keep in mind, ad scheduling is according to the account time zone, not the user's time zone.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear MosheTLV,
I Just want to know that can i do 2 types of ad scheduling in adwords campaign simultaneously . One is Monday to Friday All Day And Other one is Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday And Friday With 10% To 20% bid increment in 9 To 5 In Est Time USA Please Advise How Can I Do This