AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview and Diag.- How To Customize Text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I am using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tab and sample a keyword I am showing on the first page for, how can I alter the default text that shows up under my Url? Also, the heading lists my actual keyword phrase and not my name as I expected?.. Any advice?

For example, one of my competitors reads:

Firstname Lastname Photography

www.websitename.com

Catchy phrase/sentence.

My link:

Wedding Photographers

www.mywebsite.com

Not-so-catchy phrase.

Any way I can edit this text? Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ad Preview and Diag.- How To Customize Text

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

edited *ad copy,

To edit the url you would need to either modify the existing ad or create a new ad and pause the old one.  I suggest creating a new one and pausing the old to preserve your data.  You would do this under the ads tab.  

As for the *ad copy, it could be that your ad is using dynamic keyword insertion where the keyword (if matching a query) is pulled into the ad copy where you designate, through a code that looks similar to this {KeyWord:Wedding Photography}.

Navigate to the adgroup you want to work with and visit the ads tab and see if you have an ad that has code similar to that.

Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

edited *ad copy,

To edit the url you would need to either modify the existing ad or create a new ad and pause the old one.  I suggest creating a new one and pausing the old to preserve your data.  You would do this under the ads tab.  

As for the *ad copy, it could be that your ad is using dynamic keyword insertion where the keyword (if matching a query) is pulled into the ad copy where you designate, through a code that looks similar to this {KeyWord:Wedding Photography}.

Navigate to the adgroup you want to work with and visit the ads tab and see if you have an ad that has code similar to that.

Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Some great thoughts from Kim on this one! 

I'm not 100% certain of what you're referring to there, but if you mean a sitelink extension, you would be able to add one of these to the account by using the steps in this link. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Kim and Alys, this helps!