AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Lines Breaking Incorrectly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having an issue with ad text lines breaking differently differently than they do in preview. Here are two screenshots to explain what I mean:

This is how it appears in the ad editor. The "top ad" preview on the right is how I wanted the horizontal ad to display.

Then this is how it displays (incorrectly) in the Ad Preview and Diagnostics—I also did see it appear like this in an actual search. The title line should just be "La Salle Academy" with "Open House..." on the second line and the URL on the third.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bboyledesign
September 2015

Re: Ad Lines Breaking Incorrectly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bboyledesign,

Welcome to the Community!

Based on this announcement from Google on the 'Longer Headlines', my suggestion to you would be to try and use some punctuation in your ad copy.

"While only some ads will be shown with the longer headline, you can increase your chances by ensuring that each line of your ad appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation (e.g., a period or a question mark). Since this is a global change, punctuation will vary by country."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bboyledesign
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bboyledesign,

Welcome to the Community!

Based on this announcement from Google on the 'Longer Headlines', my suggestion to you would be to try and use some punctuation in your ad copy.

"While only some ads will be shown with the longer headline, you can increase your chances by ensuring that each line of your ad appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation (e.g., a period or a question mark). Since this is a global change, punctuation will vary by country."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much, Tom! You set me on the right path. The period that abbreviates October to "Oct." was causing a line break. After removing the period the lines break more naturally.

Much appreciated!