AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Customizers and Missing Values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few questions about using ad customizers in adwords to dynamically update ad text that contains product details such as price or available inventory.

1. What happens if your ad customizer references customizer data attributes that are blank?  For example, suppose the ad text is "{=Products.inventory} in stock." and there is matching customizer data but the inventory attribute is blank.  Will the resulting ad text be " in stock." or will the ad just not display?

2. What happens if you have multiple matching customer data items?  Does that result in rotating through each resulting version of the ad text for each matching item (much like multiple ads in the same ad group)?

3. The documentation has the following statement: "If you remove the whole data set, you won't be able to re-start your customizers by uploading a new data set and naming it the same thing. Editing your data (rather than removing the whole data set) is a better option if you'd like your customizers to keep running."  I want to make sure that if you remove all of the items in a dataset for ads in a particular ad group (preventing the ads from displaying), and then later add matching items to the dataset, the related ads will resume displaying.  The warning in the documentation only refers to removing the entire dataset, correct?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Ad Customizers and Missing Values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did get in touch with adwords support regarding question #1, and their answer is that an ad will only show if there is a matching attribute and the attribute is not blank.

Re: Ad Customizers and Missing Values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you get an answer for this? I am hoping to create a tiered ad, where you get different % amounts off depending on how much you spend.

Thanks.