AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Customiser Faults...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone

We've been working with Ad Customisers and have spotted a couple of issues:

1. When using the ellipsis character (…) within a spreadsheet I can download the file to my desktop and upload it to Business Data without a problem. However, when allowing Business Data to then update by getting the spreadsheet from Google Sheets the system converts the ellipsis to 3 full stops (...). The ellipsis character is allowed in Adwords but 3 full stops is not. Also this adds 2 additional characters to the text being imported so knocks the ad over the character limit (we purposely use up the full 80 character allowance).

2. The character limit for text in Business Data is 80 characters. However, when going over this character limit the error message you get states: "This field is too long, please shorten to contain 38 characters or less.". This error message is incorrect as can be seen here:

AW.PNG

Please can a Google Developer look into issue 1 and confirm whether this can be fixed quickly?

Thanks

Nick

Ad Customiser Faults...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well I called up Google Adwords but when I mentioned their Business Data section I got silence before being asked to hold. The chap came back saying they can't offer any help or raise bug issues regarding this because they don't offer any support when it comes to Business data. All he could suggest was that I submit feedback within Adwords, which I did.

Do any developers look at issues raised within this community? I wondered if there's any way of getting the fault fixed so we can start regenerating our adwords campaigns.

Cheers

Nick

Ad Customiser Faults...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Anyone know if there is any way around this assuming Google's tech team won't get round to fixing this anytime soon? 

Ad Customiser Faults...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Am I posting in the right place? I was hoping to find a workaround to this so we can start rebuilding our advertising (ultimately giving Google huge sums of money).

Ad Customiser Faults...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello? I didn't expect anyone on here to actually know much about this issue because I guess we're doing something quite specific. However, I am a bit frustrated that no one from Google is on here assisting the people that pay them huge sums of money.