AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Builder - What happened to it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ad Builder for display ads "used" to have a whole bunch of tempates to use for new ads.  What happened to them all?  There's only about 12-18 now.....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Builder - What happened to it?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi. Thanks for the post. 

I'm not aware of any changes that have happened with this. Is there a particular format that you're looking for that's no longer available?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Key_West_Expres

This is a very good question, since the Ad Builder is still described here : 

http://www.google.ro/ads/displaynetwork/build-your-ads/display-ad-builder.html

Yet here is explained that the Ad Builder is now called Ad Gallery 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156868?hl=en

I think you are right and the Ad Builder with its over 100 template animations is gone. When I try to create a new Ad by selecting the sequence :   +Ad / Ad Gallery / General Purpose Ads / Create / Show More , I can see only up to 18 predefined animations. 

At least the "Stock Image Gallery" is still there with hundreds of pictures.

Even the sequence : +Ad / Image Ad / Create and Ad , generates 14 template animations based on images from the site .  I like this tool better because it selects the most successful text Ad and combines it with website logo's and other images .

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, Shanea. In it's previous existence, there were templates for various industries, styles, etc... Now there are only about 12-18, that are very poor, in my opinion. Don't know what Google is trying to do, here....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Wonder what their grand plan for this one is.... One funny/stupid thing that I just found in their "Ad Gallery" is that if you pick a Campaign/Ad Group and pick a style of ad, tweak it, edit, get all ready to publish and then go to finalize the ad, only THEN does it tell you that this "type" of ad is incompatible with your campaign..... Would have thought that you'd only get the ad "types" that are compatible with your campaign.... Oh well......