AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Actual CPC calculation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
 I have a small query regarding the actual CPC that is paid by the advertiser.

Hal Varian, in his video (http://adwords.blogspot.in/2009/03/introduction-to-ad-auction.html), explains the formula for calculating the actual CPC paid by the advertiser. But in another help article (http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6297&topic=2795210&ctx=to... that amount is said to be 1 cent more than the minimum amount needed to retain that spot. Is the actual CPC that which Hal Varian tells or the one that is mentioned in the help article (which is 1 cent more than what Hal Varian says it is). 

I'm currently doing a very detailed study of AdWords and these seemingly minor detail would have an impact on my work. 

Thanks for helping me out with this.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshat_Mittal
September 2015

Re: Actual CPC calculation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Hal's video explained the basics of Adwords for beginners, so he did not get into the nuance. But the actual amount is 1 cent more.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshat_Mittal
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Hal's video explained the basics of Adwords for beginners, so he did not get into the nuance. But the actual amount is 1 cent more.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks MosheTLV.