AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended No Notification Of Why.... Help Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I really hope someone out there can help me with this....

I was notified on my account just after it went live that i needed to change the display url to exactly match the destination url. This was my mistake as I hadn't read properly the guidelines. I displayed Stateside-Soccer-Scholarships.com and directed the user to Stateside-Sports-Scholarships.com/soccer-scholarships.html I obviously own both URLs and I am in the process of launching th soccer specific site which will have identical content to the main sports site so wrongly thought it would be OK.

I changed the display url immediately to Stateside-Sports-Scholarships.com (destination URL remained the same) I couldn't fit the entire url extension on the display url. It was approved straight away and went live. That was 1 week ago.

Today my entire account has been suspended and no reason has been given just generic failure to comply message. (I assume it's no longer a display URL issue because from what I can tell I've complied and Google had already approved it after first diaspproving it)

The only thing I can think of having re-read the Google guidelines is the language used in the Ad. 

US Soccer Scholarship

Want to play in the US? Contact the

UKs most trusted scholarship agency

Stateside-Sports-Scholarships.com

I ran this exact ad at my previous company Athletes USA where I was a director. Athletes USA has now focused their business in a different area sports scholarships and it was decided that the service we used to offer should be re-branded to Stateside. So the entire management team is the same so are all our networks and contacts.

I have explained this to Google and asked them to confirm that this wording is indeed the problem?

Can anyone shed some light on whether this kind of wording would lead to account suspension with no warning or opportunity to change the wording....?

If I change the wording of the Ad am I likely to have the account re-instated?

Any other solutions that I haven't thought of.....?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Daniel (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Re: Account Suspended No Notification Of Why.... Help Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stuart,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experienced with the account. You've gotten some good tips so far but just so we can take a closer look at the account (with the account ID), can you send us a message via the following form? We can then have a closer look into exactly what happened here.

https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories

Thanks!

Daniel

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're welcome to make as many changes as you like - it just means it will go for review again (at the back of the queue) as it is a new ad.

If some random company decides to start advertising for you without your knowledge, then it is not double serving since you were not responsible for it - thus there wouldn't be any risk of suspension then. The policy is there to prevent the same people/company from advertising for the same purpose.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi StuartStateside,

There's maybe one and possibly another thing I can see in the ad text that may be causing issues...

The first is the potential superlative "most trusted".  As you may have read in the Policies, Google doesn't permit the use of superlatives unless they can be verified by a third-party (customer reviews don't count).  I can't be certain that "most trusted" is considered to be a superlative by Google, but I'd probably define it as such.

The other is less likely, I think, and that's excessive use of capitalisation.  You have "US", "US" and "UK" all in the same ad.  I'm less sure about this since they're only two chars each and are, of course, the correct usage for these abbreviations, but it's an outside possibility.

However, in both cases I would expect the initial reaction by Adwords to be a disapproval of the ad(s) in question, which usually in my experience comes with a stated reason.

What do your ads currently show as their Status?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon

Thanks for the quick response!

My status is: Your Google AdWords account has been permanently suspended for repeated violation of AdWords or Landing Page and Site policies in this or a related account

Not sure if "repeated" is standard terminology in their messages but it would suggest I've repeatedly done something wrong or ignored their requests to change something, neither of which, from what I can tell are true.

They disapporved my ads initially like I said because of the destination URL, I changed it, they approved it, ads ran for a week and then whole account suspended with no further explanation.....

There is seperate reason for account suspension: Your Google AdWords account has been permanently suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

I know what this problem is and it can be readily fixed. (Again I recieved no warning about the issue)

If it helps here is the explantion for the billing problem.

Stateside operates a franchise business model. The main franchisor/ brand owner (me) advertises the main Stateside-Sports-Scholarships.com. Each individual sport is to be franchised out and will iminently have their own stateside website... Stateside-Tennis-Scholarships.com for example.

In the meantime I believe the person running the tennis franchise in the absense of his own tennis site which is still a couple of weeks away from launch, has set up his own adwords account directing tennis players to Stateside-Sports-Scholarships.com/tennis-scholarships.html

I have just found this out and it's just a misunderstanding that can easily be resolved.

Would this have impacted on the other reason for suspension or is this a stand alone situation?

Again the question is if I re-word the advert and get the other account canceled will Google re-instate my account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I asume you did delete the old Ad with the wrong URL ? ( as far as it possible)

A good thing would be to start a new ad-group or even  a new campaign (not a new account !) in which you use the correct URL, and delete the old Adgroup/campaign.  The old ad group with the wrong URL is kind of "polluted".

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ahhh Thanks Mark, I didn't actually I just changed it....

If I go back and create a new ad group now containing the changes is that likely to help...?

I've read elsewhere I should leave it as is while Google is getting back to me about the reasons for the suspensions. I've heard if you make changes at this point you can delay things even furher....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It could help, but there would remain some other possible obstacles:

Violation by an associated account

Text "most trusted"

Billing problems by associated account

Did you contact the helpdesk  ? http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067 

(you could reffer to this forum)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've called that number but it just gives me a recorded msg saying my account has been suspended and to contact them online if I want to appeal. Not too helpful.....

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Did the franchise owner set up his account with the same billing information as your account or the same address with a different credit card? If so, that would be considered a violation of the double serving policy and would be a reason for suspension of your account. Has his account been suspended also?

I would look into that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stuart,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experienced with the account. You've gotten some good tips so far but just so we can take a closer look at the account (with the account ID), can you send us a message via the following form? We can then have a closer look into exactly what happened here.

https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories

Thanks!

Daniel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everybody, the franchisee set up and adwords account with completely different billing information and yes his account has also been suspended. He called me to tell me that's how i found out and it started to make sense. 

Thanks Daniel I will forward you the information on the form as requested.