AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Access Levels

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All,

I have a new client. I have started working with them recently. However suddenly, I got a email from Google Adwords saying that : We want to alert you that the MCC account manager with Administrative Access has changed your access level to "Reports Only Access." You should see this new access level reflected in your account within an hour.

It is done by the old agency who was handling that account. Now they are saying if we want to use the account, we have to use through them. Is there a way I can completely remove all the level of access from that agency?

Regards,

Gokul 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: Access Levels

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's clarify :

1) you have been invited to the AdWords account of the user to join through your email, and at first you were given Admin rights.

2) The old agency has 2 accounts connected to your client : 1 invited by email to be admin and 1 invited as MCC (by using the client ID ), both active, right ? 

3) Now your "User level" has been changed to read-only and you can only unlink the MCC from this position but they get to be connected to the account through their email invitation as Admin.

4) Is there another user with at least standard level who can switch access levels from the old agency from Admin to "terminate" or "read-only" and to change your access level back to admin ?

Do I get the picture right or did I misinterpreted the situation ?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for returning to announce that it got solved, I am glad for you.

However for others who read this later, when they want to learn about access levels, can you specify please how did it get solved ? Did the client still have standard or admin access and they restored the situation ?

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

After reading this article , we can see that an AdWords account can Unlink from MCC even if they have Read-Only. 

Quote :

Read-only access

Does this answer your question ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your email.

However; the situation is a little worst here. The other agency has both Admin access and MCC access. But for me only Read only access. Even if I invite new user, I can give only the email only access privilege. Agency is not giving back the Admin access nor terminating the access to MCC.

Regards,
Gokul
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's clarify :

1) you have been invited to the AdWords account of the user to join through your email, and at first you were given Admin rights.

2) The old agency has 2 accounts connected to your client : 1 invited by email to be admin and 1 invited as MCC (by using the client ID ), both active, right ? 

3) Now your "User level" has been changed to read-only and you can only unlink the MCC from this position but they get to be connected to the account through their email invitation as Admin.

4) Is there another user with at least standard level who can switch access levels from the old agency from Admin to "terminate" or "read-only" and to change your access level back to admin ?

Do I get the picture right or did I misinterpreted the situation ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Adrian,

Thanks, Now everything is fine. I have got all the access back.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Gokuldas K
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for returning to announce that it got solved, I am glad for you.

However for others who read this later, when they want to learn about access levels, can you specify please how did it get solved ? Did the client still have standard or admin access and they restored the situation ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Adrian,

Sure I'll explain how it get resolved. Actually, the client has only read access. (No standard access or Admin access). So, there were no option even if I invite a new user to the account. But fortunately, the old agency gave back the admin access. Then it was just a simple few steps for me to terminate the MCC as well as the admin access to them. Anyways, you suggestions really helped me to make things clear to me.

Have a great day and thank you so much.

Regards,
Gokul

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Wonderful, just to understand how important your generous sharing of information is to everybody in the world who reads about AdWords,  when I went back to read about access levels the help page has 3 links to debates in the community and the 2nd one is yours https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

the-hero.png

You are a Hero !

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
wow....that is awesome. Thanks Adrian for sharing this.

Regards,
Gokul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭