AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Accepting an Invitation to Share an AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a user who has sent me an Invitation to Share his AdWords. I click on the link but am told it already has access to an AdWords account. How do I link this account to mine without creating a new account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author shaunis13131
September 2015

Re: Accepting an Invitation to Share an AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi shaunis13131,

Adrian already touched on the MCC thing but I'll go a bit deeper into it to try and help explain things for you.

Each AdWords account has a unique email address used for logging in. You cannot link 2 AdWords accounts to one email without the use of an MCC account.

An MCC is an umbrella account that houses all your linked accounts. This will have it's own unique email login as well.

If you are just trying to link it to an AdWords account you won't be able to and this is why you are getting the email saying its already linked to an account.

To share the account you need to create an MCC account (yes, new account with new login email) and I find it easiest to use the link existing accounts button in the MCC where you just enter the customer ID of the account you want to link to, the user then goes to my account, account access and grants you access.

You have 3 options. 1 - Get the child account login. 2 - create a new google account to use just for access to this account and get the invite sent to that address. 3 - The MCC method above.

I hope this gives you enough info but let us know if you need anything else.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This is confusing

"to Share his AdWords"

"already has access to an AdWords account"

Do you have an adwords or an MCC account ?

What are you trying to link to what ? What exactly do you want to achieve ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author shaunis13131
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi shaunis13131,

Adrian already touched on the MCC thing but I'll go a bit deeper into it to try and help explain things for you.

Each AdWords account has a unique email address used for logging in. You cannot link 2 AdWords accounts to one email without the use of an MCC account.

An MCC is an umbrella account that houses all your linked accounts. This will have it's own unique email login as well.

If you are just trying to link it to an AdWords account you won't be able to and this is why you are getting the email saying its already linked to an account.

To share the account you need to create an MCC account (yes, new account with new login email) and I find it easiest to use the link existing accounts button in the MCC where you just enter the customer ID of the account you want to link to, the user then goes to my account, account access and grants you access.

You have 3 options. 1 - Get the child account login. 2 - create a new google account to use just for access to this account and get the invite sent to that address. 3 - The MCC method above.

I hope this gives you enough info but let us know if you need anything else.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi shaunis13131,

One thing not mentioned here. When you click on the link in the email you receive, on the page that comes up, answer "I already have an account" or the system will create a new account for you.

Very counter-intuitive page.

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords