AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AWE Does not export Campaign Targeting method property

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not able to export Campaign Targeting Method (e.g. People in my targeted location) from AWE. Can AWE add the support?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AWE Does not export Campaign Targeting method property

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi, I personally do not know what "AWE" acronym means. Can you please tell me? Is it related to Google Adwords or Google Analytics? Or wait for someone else to reply Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What I meant is AdWords Editor. Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Assuming you're using Adwords Editor 11.0, you have two options.

At the bottom left side of Editor, you have "Keywords and segmentation" with a little arrow menu (similar with opening and closing Pastes on Windows/MAC), open this one and you should be able to find the option "Locals", where you can then select your locations and hit the top menu on 'Account > Export > Current Selection', or, Copy and paste your selection to some tool like Excel.

Or, if you're experiencing problems, you can post it here:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/AdWords-Editor-11-0-Discuss-with-the...

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using AdWords Editor version 11.1.2. In the left bottom side, I only see "Keywords and targeting" not "Keywords and segmentation". I cannot find an option of "Locals" either.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Sorry for the name. I use Adwords in another language setting.

It should be "Keywords and segmentation" and then "Locations", like this:

locations.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm trying to export the campaign setting "Targeting method". Please see below.

TargetingMethod.PNG

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
I don't fully undestand what you are trying to do, but Targeting Method is just a set up to define how and where your ads will be shown.

You're using "People in my target location", this allows you to show your ads only to anyone who is considered to be physically located within the area that you've targeted (on the location section we've talked earlier).

This is just a campaign configuration, and it's not something that you can download, or a list of people you can download, if that's what you trying to do.

Check this article for reference:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I'm trying to export my Campaign to a file and share the exported file with another people to view it. The problem I am having is that I cannot export the setting "Targeting method" in the export file and share it with another people. They will not be able to tell what "Targeting method" I have set from looking at my exported file.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
You're correct, you won't be able to export those information. The other people will have to set that for them selves.

If you notice, a few other information from that area cannot be exported as well, such as:
- Ad Rotaion
- Delivery Method
- Exclusion Method

This does not go on the export files.